Urinary Tract and Testicular Private Ultrasound Scan
Private Ultrasound Clinic(PUC) offers a thorough assessment of kidneys, prostate, ureters, bladder, testes, epididymis, scrotal sac, and blood supply to testes for male patients over 18 years old. Pain and discomfort in the kidney region, blood in the urine, urine infection, testicular lumps, testicular pain, or swollen testes are the most common reason for having a combined evaluation of urinary tract and testicular ultrasound diagnostic examination.
- Pain and discomfort in the kidney region, back pain
- Going to the toilet too often, or unable to hold your bladder for too long or at all, including having to empty your bladder at night
- Possibility of enlarged prostate
- Evidence of Infection in the kidney or urinary tract (urine infection)
- Evidence of sudden abnormal kidney function (AKD)
- Blood in the urine (visible or non-visible) or dark brown urine
- Family history of kidney and urinary tract disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Follow up on previous findings
- Testicular Lumps, Pain, Swelling or Trauma
- History of kidney or testis Infection, Inflammation or Discomfort
- Possibility of Hydrocele or Varicocele (Fluid around testes or dilated veins)
- Infertility Health Check-up
- Part of Sexual Health Screening
In this scan we will
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Evidence of cancer, tumour, cyst, stone in testes, epididymis, ureters, bladder, kidneys, prostate, including kidney retention
- Evidence of Infection or inflammation in the testes, epididymis, kidneys, ureters, bladder or prostate
- Abnormal kidney appearance like; size, shape, and general appearance
- Evidence of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Evidence of kidney-related High Blood Pressure (Secondary Hypertension)
- Follow up on previous findings; Post nephrectomy
- Fluid collection in the upper and lower abdominal cavity or scrotal sac (hydrocele)
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Twisting of the testicle on its axis (Testicular torsion)
- Fluid-filled benign cyst that develops in the spermatic cord (Spermatocele)
- Dilated veins (Varicocele)
- You can eat or drink as usual.
- You must drink at least one litre of water one hour before your appointment.
- Please make sure your bladder is full when you attend hospital for you scan
- If you are on medication, please take it on time.
Our Ultrasound Specialists will explain the procedure before your scan. You will be provided with a gown to respect your modesty, and you will be guided to lie on your back on the examination couch. A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to your abdomen or lower abdomen and scrotum. Our specialist will move the probe on your skin to produce diagnostic ultrasound images. You will not feel any discomfort during your ultrasound scan. The Urinary Tract and Testicular ultrasound scan is regularly completed within 30 minutes. Our Sonographer will recommend the best course of action, depending on the ultrasound scan findings.
You will receive your results verbally after the scan. However, the Sonographer will examine the relevant images after your appointment and prepare a written report after your scan or within 24 hours with any recommended actions. The report will be sent to you so that you can discuss the findings with your doctor, if required.
Book Your Appointment
Private Ultrasound Clinic
All part of our services, from our specialists to our technology and, of course, our clinic, is designed to deliver the greatest possible experience for all of our patients and visitors.
We are conveniently located a stone throw famous Harley Street of London and our clinic is a place where you may feel safe and clean, comfortable, and reassuring environment.
Address: Private Ultrasound Clinic, 27 Welbeck St, London W1G 8EN