Abdominal Private Ultrasound Scan
Private Ultrasound Clinic(PUC) offers an Abdominal ultrasound scan to male and female patients over 18 years old. Abdominal pain is the most common reason for having an Abdominal Ultrasound diagnostic examination, which includes the evaluation of the Liver, Gallbladder, Kidney, Spleen, Pancreas, Abdominal Aorta, and Biliary system.
Here we provide a few questions and answers to offer you more information about your Abdomen private ultrasound scan:
- Abdominal pain, Discomfort, Bloating, Vomiting,
- Abnormal liver function tests, Fatty liver, Gallstone, Liver Cirrhosis, Yellow Skin (Jaundice)
- Follow up on previous findings such as cysts, gallstones, polyps, kidney stones
- Cysts, Polyps, Tumours, Cancers, or Inflammation
- Abnormal Blood Tests
In this scan we will
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Cancer or other life-threatening diseases in solid organs like; Liver, kidney, spleen, and pancreas.
- Fatty liver, Cirrhosis, tumours or cysts in the liver
- Fluid collection in the abdominal cavity
- Obstruction in the biliary or pancreatic ducts and the cause of obstruction
- Enlargement or inflammation of the spleen, liver or both (Splenomegaly, Hepatomegaly, Hepatosplenomegaly)
- Gallstone and other pathologies in the gallbladder
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Stone, cyst, tumour, collection or blockage in kidneys
- Abdominal Aorta dilation (Aneurysm)
In some cases, we will recommend a relevant blood test.
- You will be asked be fasting at least 4-6 hours before your abdominal ultrasound scan appointment. ( You are not allowed to drink Tea or Coffee, or eat porridge)
- You must drink at least one litre of water one hour before your appointment.
- If you have diabetes, please eat and drink as usual.
- If you are on medication, please take your medicines on time.
Our Ultrasound Specialists will explain the procedure before your scan. You will be guided to lie on your back on the examination couch. A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to your abdomen. Our specialist will move the probe on your skin to produce diagnostic ultrasound images. You will not feel any discomfort during your ultrasound scan. An Abdominal ultrasound scan is regularly completed within 20 minutes. Our Sonographer will recommend the best course of action, depending on the ultrasound scan findings.
You will receive your results verbally after the scan. However, the Sonographer will examine the relevant images after your appointment and prepare a written report after your scan or within 24 hours with any recommended actions. The report will be sent to you so that you can discuss the findings with your doctor, if required.
There are no risks or side effects associated with the Abdominal ultrasound scan. Ultrasound does not use any radiation, which is why doctors prefer to use them to check on developing babies in pregnant women.
Book Your Appointment
Private Ultrasound Clinic
All part of our services, from our specialists to our technology and, of course, our clinic, is designed to deliver the greatest possible experience for all of our patients and visitors.
We are conveniently located a stone throw famous Harley Street of London and our clinic is a place where you may feel safe and clean, comfortable, and reassuring environment.