Dating and Viability Ultrasound 6-11 weeks
Are you curious about the progress of your pregnancy? Do you have pain or bleeding? Or you’ve had a complicated obstetric history and need reassurance that everything is progressing as expected.
- We offer a sonographer led ultrasound service to help
- Confirm and diagnose an intrauterine pregnancy
- Exclude ectopic pregnancy
- Viability/ Heartbeat
- Check for single or multiple pregnancies
- Measuring the pregnancy to determine the estimated dates
- Look for a reason for your pain or bleeding, whether that be to exclude a miscarriage or ovarian cyst.
Sometimes (usually around 6 weeks) an early pregnancy scan is best performed transvaginally as this gives us the most information to visualize and adequately examine you and your pregnancy as recommended by the NICE guidelines (It will be discussed with you at the time of your scan and if you prefer the scan can be done transabdominally however a full bladder is needed).
The sonographer will talk you through the scan and give you a medical report detailing the scan findings and photos.