Appendicitis Private Ultrasound Scan
Private Ultrasound Clinic(PUC) offers an urgent appendicitis ultrasound scan to the male and female patients over 18 years old, who might have medical symptoms for appendicitis.
One of the most important reasons for abdominal pain is appendicitis. Appendicitis mainly begins with a pain in the middle of your tummy (belly button) that may rise and fall within hours, the pain moves to the lower right- hand side of your tummy, where the appendix is usually situated, and becomes continuous and severe. The pain may increase with Pressing on the area, coughing or walking.
- Abdominal pain.
- Low fever.
- Loss of appetite.
- Difficulty passing gas.
- Abnormal Blood Tests
In this scan we will
- Perform an ultrasound scan of your abdomen to find evidence of appendicitis
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide up to 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report same time or within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Urgent GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Inflammation in the appendix or appendicitis
- Cancer or other life-threatening diseases in solid organs like; Liver, kidney, spleen, and pancreas, that can cause pain
- Fluid collection in the abdominal cavity
- Obstruction in the biliary or pancreatic ducts and the cause of obstruction
- Enlargement or inflammation of the spleen, liver or both (Splenomegaly, Hepatomegaly, Hepatosplenomegaly)
- Gallstone and other pathologies in the gallbladder
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Stone, cyst, tumour, collection or blockage in kidneys
- Abdominal Aorta dilation (Aneurysm)
In some cases, we will recommend a relevant blood test.