The wellbeing and growth scan can be done starting at 24 weeks of pregnancy. This scan is particularly common among expecting parents who want reassurance about their pregnancy, want to see how their baby is growing, or have any specific worries. If you do not have any issues, the NHS does not normally give this scan.
Our skilled sonographers will check the flow (Umbilical Artery Doppler blood flow in their umbilical cord vessels) and position of the placenta (called Doppler), as well as the amount of amniotic fluid (AFI) around the baby, during this scan.
They’ll also monitor the baby’s heart rate and movements.
We measure the head circumference, belly circumference, and femur length during this prenatal scan to determine the baby’s growth. These measures will be put on a national growth chart and used to determine the weight of the newborn. This will give you a decent idea of how big your kid will be at delivery.
Another crucial factor to consider during the wellness scan is your baby’s position. It will be stated whether the baby is breech (head Up) and you will have time to make special arrangements.
Why should I have a Private Wellbeing and Growth scan?
- As the third trimester Wellbeing and Growth scan is not routinely offered by NHS, you can book your Wellbeing and Growth scan if:
you would like to have reassurance of your pregnancy third trimester Fetal Wellbeing and Growth scan is not offered routinely within the NHS.
- you would like to have a second opinion on the findings reported by your NHS sonographer.
- You prefer to have a more comprehensive, detailed ultrasound scan in a relaxing environment.
- You are seeking for extra reassurance in your pregnancy.
- To assess the position of your baby and make sure that your antenatal team have opportunity to make special arrangements to ensure you and your baby’s safety during your delivery.
- The movements of your baby is reduced or there is change in the pattern of its movement.
- you experience any bleeding or fluid loss.
- you have a positive medical history of pre-eclampsia in your previous pregnancy.
- The placenta was reported low lying at any of your previous scans.
- your baby has been reported as small or large for its date in your previous scans.
- There is any history of maternal physical health such as diabetes Type 1, Type 2, or gestational Diabetes and Thyroid problems.
When can I have a Wellbeing and Growth scan?
A Wellbeing and Growth Scan can be performed any time from 24 weeks of pregnancy.
We recommend you to have a Wellbeing and Growth scan around 36 weeks of your pregnancy. This comprehensive scan can provide reassurance for you and your baby’s safety. It will reassure you of the following:
- That there will be no signs of any birth complications.
- Confirm the presentation of your baby
- The size of your baby
- Amount of amniotic fluid around your baby
- Assessing the doppler Umbilical blood flow
This Scan is Includes:
- black and white 2D image of your baby
- All images/video clips plus the scan’s report send directly to your device and Email .You can download and save ,print or share your Baby’s pictures and video clips.
- Free 3D sneak peak image of your Baby where appropriate
- Complimentary Baby gender reveal (when it is convenient)
- Free Baby Scan key ring
- Free Baby scan picture frame
- Picture frame (after 14 weeks)